A practical one-day course covering core technical skills and success factors for project management. The course does not assume previous project experience.
This course takes a pragmatic approach, providing participants with a basic framework and principles so that participants can apply a structured approach to their projects. The training is independent of project management software.
Participants can expect to:
- gain practical skills, tools and techniques that can be applied to any project
- learn how to approach and structure a project
- understand the principles of successful project management – best practices!
- learn how to avoid some basic project pitfalls
- learn, through participation, about project roles and team work.
- How do I go about planning a project?
- What are the roles and responsibilities in a project?
- How can I clearly define the project’s purpose, scope, and resource requirements?
- How do I keep a project under control?
- How do I know if I am going about the project in the right way?
- What are some practical techniques for planning and scheduling a project?
- How do you get a project team to work well together?
People who plan or manage projects and for project participants who need to make an effective contribution to projects.
What to Expect
Take away a project plan outline for your business to implement.
Apply the principles of project management to your current projects within resource constraints.
Feedback from our course participants on 24 Nov 2020:
• This was really useful in going through the process step by step. I feel like anyone would benefit from this regardless of how much experience they have with project planning.
• I found the course practical, well delivered and I will be able to apply the learning to my work immediately.
• An interesting and practical course. I learned a lot and feel I have a good toolbox to start implementing my new skills.
• The course was engaging, and the tutor was able to tailor it to relevant work environments.