A comprehensive two day course covering core technical skills and success factors for project management. The course does not assume previous project experience.
This course takes a pragmatic approach, providing participants with a basic framework and principles so that participants can apply a structured approach to their projects. The training is independent of project management software.
Participants can expect to:
- gain practical skills, tools and techniques that can be applied to any project
- learn how to approach and structure a project
- understand the principles of successful project management – best practices!
- learn how to avoid some basic project pitfalls
- learn, through participation, about project roles and team work.
- How do I go about planning a project?
- What are the roles and responsibilities in a project?
- How can I clearly define the project’s purpose, scope, and resource requirements?
- How do I keep a project under control?
- How do I know if I am going about the project in the right way?
- What are some practical techniques for planning and scheduling a project?
- How do you get a project team to work well together?
People who plan or manage projects and for project participants who need to make an effective contribution to projects.
What to Expect
Take away a project plan outline for your business to implement.
Apply the principles of project management to your current projects within resource constraints.
Our team gave "fantastic feedback – I will pass on to our HR people and definitely recommend the course if any other Managers are looking at Project Management training for their staff."
Sandy Pomeroy, Property Services Administrator, Tasman District Council.