Chalkbox collects and uses information through our website www.chalkbox.co.nz and communications for business purposes.
Information collected includes personal information provided in contact enquiries, purchases, or when an individual subscribes to our email list. We require your e-mail address at a minimum, however, in some cases we also ask for additional information to help us better serve you and fulfill your request. We do not collect any personal information that you do not expressly provide.
We value your privacy and will not sell, rent, or share your personal information with any third party.
Chalkbox complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
2. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you when:
- you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), when you buy our services, from third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
- When you visit this website we collect anonymous information such as your IP address or domain name to analyze site traffic for “visits” but this information is not tied to a given user’s personal information. This information is collected and stored via Google Analytics.
- In the future, when it is possible to make a purchase on our website certain types of sensitive information, such as financial information, may be collected. We will not receive or retain copies of this information on our server. We will redirect visitors to a secure server to complete these transactions and all data is both collected and stored by these processors. The payment gateways would be maintained by Stripe.
3. How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services to you
- to market to you (where you have agreed)
- to improve the services that we provide
- to invoice you and to collect money that you owe us
- to respond to communications from you
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
4. Disclosing your personal information
We endeavor to limit the transfer of your personal information to only that information that pertains to the service being provided by the third party.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, such as our IT manager
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
5. Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses.
6. Accessing, correcting or deleting your personal information
You always have the right to access and request a correction to any personal information that we hold.
If you need to correct the information we hold on our systems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Internet use
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on our website’s blog posts, message board or chat room, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
An internet “cookie” is a small piece of code that is placed on your local computer when you visit our website. This helps us learn which areas of the website are useful to you and most used by our visitors.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings within your browser. If you disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website.
8. Third-party partners
Our site uses technologies of third-party partners such as NextRoll to help us recognize your device and understand how you use our site. This is so that we can improve our services to reflect your interests and serve you advertisements about the services that are likely to be of more interest to you. Specifically, NextRoll collects information about your activity on our site to enable us to:
- measure and analyse traffic and browsing activity on our site; and,
- show advertisements for our products and/or services to you on third-party sites.
To opt-out of your activity being collected by a third-party, use either of the following tools:
- The NAI’s opt-out platform: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- The EDAA’s opt-out platform http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
- The DAA’s opt-out platform: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
9. Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.