The programme will cover:
- Cultural values
- Relationships between cultures
- Workplace interactions
- Ways to improve cross-cultural communications.
This course will:
- Enhance working relationships at all levels.
- Explore how behaviour is influenced by culture, and how to improve communication with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Allow for reflection on your own cultural understanding and practices.
- Understand culture terms and concepts
- Identify the relationship between culture, cultural values, communication and relationships.
- Recognise multicultural characteristics
- Understand the range of multicultural issues in the workplace.
- Understand assumptions and stereotypes.
- Gain awareness of conscious and unconscious bias towards others.
- Use a model to diagnose, adapt and monitor your communication approach.
- Value good communication and relationship building
- Identify ways to improve cross-cultural communication
- Understand the difference between high-context and low-context communication
- Understand the difference between individualistic and collectivistic cultures and high vs low power distance cultures.
- Awareness of Hofestede’s six cultural dimensions: NZ cross-compared with other cultures.
People who work with people from various cultures and backgrounds.
What to Expect
A full-day interactive course.