Learn the basic features of Microsoft Excel including spreadsheets and formulas along with functions and graphs.
You will gain a better understanding in the use of Microsoft Excel and the confidence to approach new tasks, enabling you to work more efficiently and effectively. Learn how to make changes to the settings in Microsoft Excel to best suit the needs of your workplace.
This training is ‘hands on’ and covers the basic operations of Excel including:
- the interface, tabs and ribbons
- page set up and layout
- differences in what a cell can hold and how Excel interprets the contents
- navigation on a worksheet
- basic understanding of algebra to support Excel’s method of calculation
- auto fill both formulas and lists
- mathematical functions and how to create them
- validation of a spreadsheet.
First time users of Microsoft Excel; or for people returning to the workforce and finding they need to use Excel in their work.
What to Expect
This workshop is delivered over two sessions to small groups, not exceeding 5, with each person having their own computer to work with and a manual to support the learning. This training can be tailored to meet organisational training needs.
Pip was an excellent trainer - she tailored the course to my particular needs, and she was very flexible - allowing me time to discuss issues of most relevance to my work. She was engaging and also made the training interesting and enjoyable. I will definitely be passing on good feedback to my organisation and contacts.
Abigail Zeng - Personal Assistant, Emsol, October 2018