‘If only I’d known this sooner’. We hear it a lot. People are often promoted into their first leadership role as a result of being competent in their trade or profession. The irony is that the skills required to be competent in your work role are often very different to the skills required of a leader. Skills such as emotional intelligence, communication and the courage to have those difficult conversations.
This course prepares you for the transition. Gain awareness of your personal strengths, and become a confident communicator with the ability to connect and lead others.
- Become confident in your own strengths and abilities
- Build work relationships based on trust and respect
- Develop personal strength and resilience
- Learn the skills to build a happier and more successful life
- Emotional Intelligence – gain awareness of your thinking styles and how these differ from others. Learn about your ‘blind spots’ or unconscious biases.
- Confidence and compassion – build confidence and develop compassion for others vs complaining about them
- Effective communication – use positive communication to build relationships
- Managing former peers – tips to prepare for the transition to leading your team
Leadership starts with yourself. This course is designed for those who have experience in their workplace and have the ambition to become a leader or a better communicator.
What to Expect
Delivered over two half-days, this is an interactive course where you will learn more about yourself. Be prepared to share your stories and try out new skills – all within a safe environment.
"I really enjoyed the personal stories. As a leader you can feel isolated but it was refreshing to learn that many of us feel the same and we are not alone."