This course will teach the essentials of good business writing in a variety of formats. From planning and structure to creating clear, engaging and concise copy. A mix of presentation, discussion and exercises keep the day interesting. You will be equipped with the tools to help your writing go from strength to strength when back in the workplace.
You are investing in the future of your organisation when your employees’ writing skills improve:
- Reduce communication barriers
- Reduce problems caused by misunderstanding/misinformation
- Improve output quality
- Improve employee and team engagement.
- Planning your writing in advance, taking into account the situation and audience
- Applying common grammar and punctuation rules
- Expanding your word choices and being more precise
- How to write more engagingly, applying journalism principles
- Writing concise copy and being your own editor
- Tips on key business writing methods: reports, letters, online, emails
Written communicators of all levels and in any role who wish to get their message across more effectively and with ease.
What to Expect
- A pre-course evaluation of your current competencies and key priorities
- A mixture of presentation, class discussion and practice exercises tailored to your needs
- Top tips to take away to help you apply what you’ve learnt
- More confidence and the discovery that great writing can be fun!